Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Praying for Mary

Today is supposed to be the big day, but there is no progress as of now.  I guess Mary is just a little too comfortable in the womb.  We will keep you posted with any news!

As we await Mary's arrival, we ask that you continue to pray for her and the delivery process. We have had many different prayers throughout this process, but there are two that I would like to share.  

When I first found out I was pregnant, God highlighted Colossians 1:16, which says "all things were created by Him and for Him."  We have been praying that Mary would know from a young age that she was lovingly created by the Almighty God and that ultimately her life is for His glory. This is something that I have also tried to keep in mind throughout the pregnancy-- that in the midst of this crazy stage in life, ultimately Mary and the whole pregnancy is from and for God.  

Along those same lines, I was reading through the Gospels and was struck by Mary's (Jesus' mom, not our daughter) response to the angel of the Lord.  She said, "I am the Lord's servant. May it be to me as you have said."  We have been praying that Mary, our daughter, would know the love and grace of Christ and that it would compel her to want to serve God with her life.  

We desire that God is known and glorified through our family.  So, if you ever think of Mary, feel free to join us in praying that these verses would mark her life.  

No comments: