Tuesday, September 28, 2010

thankful...

At one time I could sit Mary anywhere and this would happen....



Not the case these days. We have so much fun with our little toddler, but it isn't always easy. I'm getting a little bigger these days (pictures to come) and feeling a little more worn out by lugging my 26 lb. "baby" around. Sometimes I just want a break, you know? Today I worked during her nap time so I didn't get the desired break and Danny teaches this evening so no break then.

BUT, this evening was a gift from God and I am thankful! Mary was so wonderful. I sat on the couch and did some sewing (onesies for baby boy) while Mary played on the floor for over an hour by herself. She put her animal cards in and out of her purse over and over again... I would get excited with her each time she would dump them out and she'd do it all over again. I just sat there thanking God for our fun little girl and for the break that God graciously gave me. It was such a relaxing evening for me and I loved just watching her play. She's gets so excited about the littlest things. I am thankful that God gave me just what I needed tonight and reminded me how blessed we are to have Mary. She brings so much joy to my heart and I'm thankful for each day with her!


1 comment:

Andy and Emily said...

I am so happy to read this, Lis! Praise the Lord for your break! Much needed and well deserved. You are a wonderful mommy and wife.