Friday, September 30, 2011

boulder...

danny and i are in language school from 8-12 monday-friday.  it's just us, leslie (our friend from boston) and our teacher.  generally we have a really good time and are able to laugh at our many mistakes.  sometimes it can be a bit frustrating though.... the language is just different so you can't always translate things with the exact same meaning and the words are LONG.  

like PEMANDANGANNYA... it means scenery.  after saying it about 15 times, danny said... 

"it rolls right off the tongue... like a boulder."

we still can't say it at all.  oh well.  we're getting there though.  language school is pretty exhausting, but we've enjoyed it thus far.  i can't wait to be able to communicate to people when i go shopping or when i want to order food or when i walk by our neighbors with the strollers or any time, really!  


and, since danny and i are rarely on the blog, i leave you with these recent pictures.  luke loves to wrestle and crawl on me (or anyone) and mary loves the motorcycle.  





2 comments:

danny said...

That picture reminds me that I need to get a new helmet (rather than the one that came with the motorcycle), one that actually fits my head. I'm having flash backs of trying to squeeze the small kid helmets on my giant noggin in Little League.

Emily said...

Lisa, you look so pretty in that picture, despite wrestling on the ground! And what happened to your arm?! Seeing your face makes me miss you even more! Canela, Kristen, and I were out to dinner last night and a waitress was wearing your perfume... I kept thinking you were there, too. Love you.