Today was my first day home with Mary all by myself. My parents left yesterday morning and Danny returned to work this morning. Turned out to be a nice day, but I was initiated with a very unpleasant surprise!
Mary was up a little too much last night but by morning we were doing well. I fed her and put her in her bouncy seat so that I could put in my contacts and brush my teeth... she was very content, just looking around and cooing. I was thinking, "she is perfect!" (though I sometimes think otherwise around 3am... always cute but sometimes not perfect yet). After about 10 minutes in her seat I came by and couldn't believe my eyes! She had pooped EVERYWHERE! It came out of her diaper, up her back and stomach, all over her legs and feet, and soaked a good portion of her bouncy seat! I couldn't even pick her up because of it all... I wrapped her in a burp cloth and brought her to her changing table to clean her up. I gave her a bath all by myself (first time), cleaned everything up, and eventually she was in clean clothes. I took pictures to show Danny, but I was advised not to include them on the blog. :)
All in all, I think I passed my first parenting test. I know that this is only the beginning, but for now Mary is clean and alive and I'm happy about it.
3 comments:
Yea go Lisa - just think with boys you get the bonus of the random stream when trying to clean it all up. You did great and I am sure she is very happy. Good job Mom! (Don't you love it.)
Haha, I'm laughing as I read this...definitely been there before! Sounds like you did a great job.
I wanted to add a nickname to your poll so I didn't know which one to vote for. I really like blueberry Mare. It's got a nice ring to it when you say it..or you could do the matchy matchy with blueberry Mary. If you don't use it, it will be my special name for her. :)
Ohhhhh wow. Talk about an initiation. Well, as a non-mom, I must say I am VERY impressed. You GO! Pretty soon you'll be changing her diapers, one handed, WHILE brushing your teeth!
Sarah S.
Post a Comment