Thursday, January 14, 2010

26.2

Last Sunday was a big day for me... I ran the Disney Marathon! It wasn't exactly what I hoped for when my dad and I signed up for the race, but we finished it.

A few highlights from the race:
-arriving at disney at 4:30am to start the race at 5:40am
-wearing a one-piece tearaway white jumpsuit
-running for 2 hours in the dark
-starting a marathon at 28 degrees and finishing it at about 35 degrees
-the icey waterstations-- cups and pavement included
-carrying a camera the entire 26.2 miles on accident... I finally decide to take a picture since I had it with me and the battery was dead. awesome.

So, the only thing I have to show for the race is the before picture of my dad and me freezing! And, the awesome bling that I got!








All in all, I'm so glad that I did it and I plan on doing another one, but maybe not until after baby #2... which is coming no time soon!

A special thanks to my superdad/husband Danny! Marathon training takes a LOT of time and he was so supportive and kept Mary for many, many hours while I ran. He was always encouraging, so proud of me and self sacrificing to allow me to fulfill this goal.

And, here is a picture of Mary just because she's cute. This is probably one of the mornings I was out running and Danny got to choose her outfit. :)


3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Congrats, Lisa!

Emily said...

Way to go Lisa! Very proud of you!! LYLAH, emmy

Kathy said...

Congrats Lisa!! I had to laugh about the camera, it's a joke b/w Steve & I, IF I remember the camera the battery is probably dead!