Thursday, March 26, 2009

nesting my life away...

Luckily, the school that I work for has been on spring break for the last two weeks.  This has given me ample time to "nest," something that most mothers-to-be start long before I did.  My brother and sister-in-law graciously took their little Huddy out of his crib a few months earlier than usual, shipping their furniture to us so that I could have the pleasure of preparing Mary's room before she arrives.  Thanks so much, Luke and Kelley!

Once we got the furniture set up the nesting began!  I had another hold up that most mothers-to-be don't have to endure... I decided to make the bedskirt, curtains and quilt.  Now that they are all done I'm happy with my decision... but I was ready to burn it all while in the middle of my 50 hours of quilt sewing in two weeks!  The room is not totally done, but the crib is set up and the beloved quilt is hanging above it... 



So, that is the room so far.  As far as Mary and I, we are doing pretty well.  She is expected to arrive in 12 days and we can't wait!  She seems very healthy and is estimated to be a pretty big girl!  I think big babies are cute, so once she is out I will be happy about her size.  

I had a somewhat painful side issue for about 4 months; sometimes I was fine and other times it was really painful to move around.  A few weeks ago it just went away... so I actually feel really good these days!  Other than a little stiffness after getting up from laying or sitting, I don't have much to complain about.  I can tell that I feel a little more physically worn out after doing a full day of shopping or running errands (which I have been doing a lot these days!), but nothing that a little sit doesn't take care of. Monday I return back to tutoring until the baby comes... so, my "to do" list will hopefully continue to dwindle away this weekend!  

We will keep you updated on her arrival!  Keep checking back and don't forget to vote on her due date!  

1 comment:

Neave said...

the quilt looks great, Lisa! Can't wait for to see the room complete-- with Mary and all!