Thursday, September 17, 2009

He's getting old...

Well, at least he thinks he is. Danny turned 30 on Tuesday!!! He has talked about his birthday month, week and day for awhile now... even last night he said he should have icecream after dinner because it is his "birthweek." 30 is rough, I guess... I won't know for awhile.

We're not really big on birthdays, but I tried to go all out on this one (all out for us, that is). So, I surprised Danny and picked him up from work on Monday. I walked in and told him I had a new picture of Mary....




He didn't get it. But, after I told him that Mary was with Karen (his sister, thanks for babysitting!) because we were going to the game... he was VERY excited! He loves the Pats and he has never been to this stadium. So, we get to the car and I have another surprise... buffalo chicken dip and a cold pepsi. I asked him what he wanted for his birthday dinner a few days before and he said buffalo chicken dip and ice cream. He's really health conscious.

Anyways, the game was awesome and we had a great time! If you haven't heard, the Pats were down all game and scored 2 touchdowns in the last two minutes to win... it was pretty exciting! Something that is very typical of us is forgetting our camera... we get into the stadium and want to take a picture only to realize we left it in the car. Luckily, our friend Veda was there and we met her at halftime so we could document the special occasion.






Lastly, a note about how I got the tickets. EBAY! I had never done it and after a long tutorial from my brother, Luke (Thanks!) and the use of his account, I won some tickets for less than face value... and was able to afford them with a little help from Danny's sister, Kim (Thanks!). It is quite the rush... I missed the first three I bid on because of user error, but I finally figured it out. I have decided that it is best for me stay away from Ebay. I ended up finding some pink baby converse for Mary and a few things for myself. Don't worry, I have yet to connect a paypal account to my name, so I won't be doing any spending as of now.


2 comments:

Bruce said...

Old fart, I got till may before I join him. EEeek 30. Happy belated Danny. It's too bad the Pats lost..

danny said...

But at least they didn't lose for my birthday.