Monday, April 27, 2009

The Explosion

Today was my first day home with Mary all by myself. My parents left yesterday morning and Danny returned to work this morning. Turned out to be a nice day, but I was initiated with a very unpleasant surprise!

Mary was up a little too much last night but by morning we were doing well. I fed her and put her in her bouncy seat so that I could put in my contacts and brush my teeth... she was very content, just looking around and cooing. I was thinking, "she is perfect!" (though I sometimes think otherwise around 3am... always cute but sometimes not perfect yet). After about 10 minutes in her seat I came by and couldn't believe my eyes! She had pooped EVERYWHERE! It came out of her diaper, up her back and stomach, all over her legs and feet, and soaked a good portion of her bouncy seat! I couldn't even pick her up because of it all... I wrapped her in a burp cloth and brought her to her changing table to clean her up. I gave her a bath all by myself (first time), cleaned everything up, and eventually she was in clean clothes. I took pictures to show Danny, but I was advised not to include them on the blog. :)

All in all, I think I passed my first parenting test. I know that this is only the beginning, but for now Mary is clean and alive and I'm happy about it.

3 comments:

TJ said...

Yea go Lisa - just think with boys you get the bonus of the random stream when trying to clean it all up. You did great and I am sure she is very happy. Good job Mom! (Don't you love it.)

Bruce and Morgan said...

Haha, I'm laughing as I read this...definitely been there before! Sounds like you did a great job.

I wanted to add a nickname to your poll so I didn't know which one to vote for. I really like blueberry Mare. It's got a nice ring to it when you say it..or you could do the matchy matchy with blueberry Mary. If you don't use it, it will be my special name for her. :)

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh wow. Talk about an initiation. Well, as a non-mom, I must say I am VERY impressed. You GO! Pretty soon you'll be changing her diapers, one handed, WHILE brushing your teeth!

Sarah S.